Back in the classroom!

in school, the first                                                                                                                                                roujo via Compfight

I am so excited for this, my final leg of my career.  I’m heading back to the classroom and couldn’t be happier!  For the last five years I have served in leadership positions–Reading Specialist, Literacy Leader/Educational Coach, and Librarian–and now I am going back home, back to what I know best and the environment in which I thrive.  My new venture is a grade I’ve never taught (if you can believe there are any!), fourth!  

Why, you may ask, do I call it “my final leg?”  That would be because I have learned a lot about myself and that I’m not a get in front of colleagues and teach kind of gal.  My preference for a leadership position is to lead from behind, that which I was able to do as a Librarian.  In fact, my 3 years serving as the Librarian were highly successful, I can’t say that about the other positions.  The only spotlight I am comfortable in is the one shining next to a students desk as I stoop down to help as needed.  Therefore, unless a certified Librarian position becomes available in this district, I will be finishing up my career in the classroom…in about 10 years!